By 2 ABY, the planet Nentan was a Rebel safe world for many civilian refugees hoping to find asylum from the Empire and an important checkpoint along Rebel evacuation roads. Prior to the Battle of Yavin, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan also participated in the operations at Nentan. With the Tantive IV, she transmitted messages and dispensed much-needed material.
When the Empire discovered Nentan, General Carlist Rieekan oversaw the evacuation of the Rebel base and bunkers. The situation was critical due to the low number of transports that was only good enough too evacuate civilians. Rieekan considered to sacrifice most military personnel to save the civilians but the evacuation was successful thanks to Captain Bren Derlin. Derlin and a squad of Rebel troops lured Imperial infantry in ancient ruins and managed to steal an insufficiently guarded Imperial transport. This ship was enough to safely evacuate all remaining military personnel from the planet, without even attracting the attention of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer in orbit.
- Star Wars: Rebellion (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- The Last Command Sourcebook (First identified as Battle of Nentan)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Major Bren Derlin)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Bren Derlin was promoted Captain to Major after the Battle of Nentan. He was still a Captain during the Defense of Ralltiir and was already a Major during the Battle of Gormen.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition, p. 18
- ↑ The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, p. 9
- ↑ The Last Command Sourcebook, p. 24
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 The Essential Atlas, p. 179
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Alliance Intelligence Reports, p. 3
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 167