The Battle of Ord Cantrell was a large-scale military engagement during Imperial Civil War between the Crimson Empire led by self-proclaimed Emperor Xandel Carivus and Baron Ragez D'Asta private fleet with the support of the New Republic.
Seeing that defeat was imminent, Carivus offered to release Feena D'Asta. The Baron was loath to call off the attack when victory was in sight, but he valued his daughter's life over his own pride and agreed to the ceasefire.
Death of the Emperor
- "For your betrayal of the Emperor Palpatine…the penalty is death."
- ―Kir Kanos
Aboard his Marauder-class corvette, D'Asta then learned from Kir Kanos of Carivus's role in the death of Palpatine. The two men went to the would-be Emperor's estate to extract their revenge, accompanied by New Republic agents Mirith Sinn and Tav Kennede.
Carivus's Guards wounded Kennede, but were unable to stop Kanos from executing the traitorous "Emperor". After the battle, Sinn was unable to convince D'Asta to join the New Republic, and he decided that his sector would be independent for the time being.
- Crimson Empire II: Council of Blood (First appearance)
- Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)