- "The New Republic pushed Pellaeon back, but suffered a grave defeat in the Battle of Orinda. There, the Reaper destroyed most of Antilles's starfighters by annihilating the ﬂeet carrier Endurance."
- ―Voren Na'al
- "Six months after Daala relinquished her command, Pellaeon made an aggressive lunge at the New Republic by seizing the small planet Orinda. By the time General Antilles mounted a counterattack, Pellaeon had already captured six neighboring systems."
- ―Voren Na'al
After the Imperial Starfleet, led by the Executor-class Star Dreadnought Reaper, under the command of Fleet Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, had successfully captured several of the New Republic planets in the Orinda campaign; the New Republic attempted a counterattack at Orinda, one of the planets captured by the Imperial Remnant one month earlier.
- "Rogue Squadron, stationed aboard the Lusankya, covered the ﬂeet’s retreat. The New Republic chose to leave Orinda in imperial hands, and instead fortified the surrounding systems."
- ―Voren Na'al
The Battle of Orinda one of the few known events where Executor-class Star Dreadnoughts fought one another.
The turn of the battle in favor of the Remnant came with the arrival of another Star Dreadnought, the Dominion, commanded by Admiral Teren Rogriss, and six Immobilizer 418 cruisers. Between them and the Reaper they rapidly destroyed the New Republic fleet carrier Endurance with all starfighters aboard after her captain had held the starfighters in reserve for as long as possible. Antilles was prepared to order an abandon ship until his own fighters were able to push a hole in the Interdictor screen and allow Lusankya's retreat under heavy fire. No further attempt was made to recover Orinda from the Remnant.
- "Despite few scattered victories, including the Battle of Orinda and the requisition of his former flagship Chimaera in the Battle of Gravlex Med, he had been unable to stop the march of history."
- ―Voren Na'al, about Admiral Pellaeon
After the victory, Orinda became the temporary headquarters of Admiral Gilad Pellaeon. The New Republic chose to leave Orinda in Imperial hands and instead fortified surrounding systems. The Battle of Orinda was one of the last Imperial victories against the New Republic.
- The Essential Chronology (First identified as Battle of Orinda)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- "The Art of Warfare"—Star Wars Insider 133
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Essential Chronology
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 The Essential Guide to Warfare
- ↑ The Battle of Nam Chorios—which occurs a month after Orinda, according to the New Essential Chronology—occurs in 13 ABY. The only way for Orinda to occur in 12 ABY and Nam Chorios in 13 ABY is if Nam Chorios was within a month of the division between the two years, meaning it must occur in 48:3. This means that Orinda must occur in 48:2, a month earlier.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost 2