- "Someone must have told them about my little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab."
- ―Lando Calrissian
The Battle of Taanab was a famous battle that took place in 4 ABY, between Lando Calrissian and a pirate fleet in orbit of the planet Taanab. It was won by a daring and successful maneuver pulled by Calrissian. Shortly before the Battle of Endor, Calrissian mentioned the battle to fellow smuggler Han Solo, and decided his promotion to general in the Alliance Fleet had been due to his successes at the battle.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Star Wars places the Battle of Taanab between the Rescue of Han Solo and the Battle of Endor, which are both dated by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas to 4 ABY. Therefore, the Battle of Taanab must have took place in 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi