- "That Battle on Takodana. That was something else. It was the first time the Resistance had gone up against the First Order… for real, I mean. I'd shot down my share of TIEs before that—I have a special-missions team, Black Squadron, and we'd had some tangles. But this felt different. We were out in the open where everyone could see. Everyone at Maz Kanata's castle, watching the Resistance protect them from those First Order goons. It gave us all this energy, I think. This… oomph. I took down nine ties in one run. Nine, and a bunch of ground targets, too. It felt amazing. Like I was really tapping into something."
- ―Poe Dameron, reflecting on the battle
The Battle of Takodana, also known as the Battle on Takodana, the Clash on Takodana, the attack on Takodana, or the invasion of Takodana, was a battle that took place in the immediate aftermath of the Hosnian Cataclysm during the early stages of the war between the forces of the First Order and the Resistance on the Mid Rim planet of Takodana.
- "Those beasts! They're here!"
- ―Maz Kanata realizes her castle is under attack
During the battle, Maz Kanata's castle was attacked by Kylo Ren and First Order stormtroopers after they discovered that the droid BB-8 was at the castle. Flying in with TIE/fo space superiority fighters and Atmospheric Assault Landers, the First Order swiftly laid siege to the castle and leveled it, killing many of its inhabitants. BB-8 followed Rey into the forests surrounding the castle, and the First Order was unable to locate the droid until a stormtrooper officer reported to Ren that the droid had been sighted in the company of a girl. Ren deployed stormtroopers to the woods before heading into the woods himself, hunting Rey down and eventually finding her. Frightened, Rey attempted to shoot him, but Ren reacted quickly. He deflected her blasts with his lightsaber, and proceeded to disarm his target with the Force. Ren proceeded to corner and capture her.
As the surviving denizens of the castle attempted to defend themselves throughout the ruin, stormtroopers surrounded and overran them as fighters delivered fire from above. During the fighting at the castle, FN-2199 in riot control gear called out to Finn. He called the former trooper a traitor and challenged him to a fight. The two fought down throughout the castles rubble, and the stormtrooper eventually overpowered Finn. FN-2199 was stopped from killed Finn however, when he was shot by Han Solo. Despite killing multiple stormtroopers, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Finn were forced to surrender as full attention was placed on them when the last of the castle residents had been dealt with. The stormtroopers had bigger problems to worry about however, as Resistance T-70 X-wing starfighters led by Commander Poe Dameron soon arrived to fight the First Order. A fierce dogfight ensued and resulted in the destruction of many First Order TIEs and the deaths of many stormtroopers from X-wing strafing runs.
Back in the woods, Kylo Ren was notified of the Resistance attack by another stormtrooper officer, who asked him to call in more troops. Ren, however, ordered the First Order divison to pull out, saying they had what they came for. As the battle raged on above the castle, the remaining First Order troops boarded their ships and withdrew, taking the captured and unconscious Rey along with them.
When the battle concluded, the denizens of Kanata's castle had been wiped out and the stormtroopers had suffered heavy casualties from the Resistance starfighters.
- 5-Minute Star Wars Villain Stories
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First identified as Clash on Takadona)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Force Awakens Golden Book
- Chaos at the Castle
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 4
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 5 (Indirectly mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Finn's Mission
- The Adventures of BB-8
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Indirect mention only)
- Poe Dameron 27 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Resistance Reborn (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate (Indirect mention only)
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: Battle Pod
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ The Last Jedi: Cobalt Squadron
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Meet FN-2199, a.k.a. TR-8R: The Stormtrooper Behind the Meme (January 7, 2016). Retrieved on January 8, 2016.