- "Ya think ya can handle more Black Sun thugs? So go and make us Car'das proud, yah?"
- ―Aleas Rans'ery, to a Car'das pilot
The Battle of Tansarii Point Station was a space battle between the Car'das and Black Sun forces taking place near Tansarii Point Station in the Bright Jewel system near Ord Mantell. Thanks to the efforts of newly recruited spacers, the Car'das successfully repelled the Black Sun pirates who threatened the system.
Background[edit | edit source]
- "Be careful out there, the Black Sun are everywhere lately."
- ―Serissu, to a Car'das pilot
After the Battle of Yavin, the Black Sun organization had taken interest in the Tansarii Point Station and deployed both ground and space-based agents in and around the station. The ground-based agents were a team of hackers, who were eventually defeated by agents working for Loche Crestingsky and the Car'das. In the space around the station, Black Sun had stationed several starfighters who committed acts of piracy against several traders in the region, among others Dynath Miners.
Circa 1 ABY, pilot trainer Serissu strarted to recruit spacers to become pilots for Car'das. She provided them M3-A Scyk fighters and taught them basic starfighter piloting skills. The pilots quickly proven great capabilities and succeed in several missions. However, Serissu and her pilots discovered that Black Sun pirates had become more aggressive and seriously threatened Tansarii Point Station. A number of operations were thus conducted under the supervision of Laetin A'shera, Aleas Rans'ery, and Dartas Pytin against the Black Sun in an effort to stop them from terrorizing the star system. Not willing to helplessly watch the attack on the station, the spacers, who were in the station, having returned from a mission against the Black Sun, jumped into a starfighter and joined the Car'das fighters in the battle against the criminal organization.
The battle[edit | edit source]
- "I don't have time to argue with you, kid. We're losing pilots left and right! Even if you're fodder, I suppose that'll do. Fine, you're in."
- ―Dartas Pytin, to a Car'das pilot
The battle really started when Black Sun starfighters attacked the Lucent Ivaya quadrant of the Bright Jewel system, home of the Tansarii Point Station and of the Dynathian H-5 70 Mining Facility. Black Sun spies infiltrated Dynathian mining transports while Black Sun starfighters attacked Dynath transports in the Masul'ivis Asteroid Belt. Car'das pilots dispatched by Laetin A'shera intercepted the spies and repelled the pirates. Information found on a Black Sun spy was quickly transmitted to Agent Rayar of the Car'das intelligence ring. Later, during a mission to warn the Car'das allies about Black Sun activity, the Car'das M3-A Scyk fighters were infected by the Black Envy, a Black Sun computer virus. Laetin A'shera and his pilots decided to use it to their advantage and finally trapped the Black Sun assassin Talonbane Cobra in the Lurid Aurora Nebula. The Car'das Scyk fighters were later freed of the Black Envy. Dartas Pytin eventually tasked his pilots to hunt down Black Sun spies in the system in order to prevent the spread of the Black Envy virus.
In the meantime, Aleas Rans'ery commanded Car'das pilots patrolling in the Bright Jewel Ribbon quadrant. She tasked the Sulale and Waris Kallor to scout enemy territory and find weaknesses in the Black Sun bases. The Kallor brothers succeed in their mission but were attacked by Black Sun starfighters. Waris Kallor's ship was captured while Sulale managed to hyperspace out the area. Waris was finally rescued by Car'das starfighters dispatched by Rans'ery and returned to Tansarii Point Station. Car'das pilots then headed to Sulale Kallor's damaged ship and defended the Z-95 while Sulale performed repairs. Sulale Kallor finally returned to the Nova Orion Station. Rans'ery's pilots later rescued First Officer Atris of the Dynath Miners from Black Sun attacks in the Bright Jewel Ribbon. Aleas Rans'ery eventually tasked her pilots to eliminate the ace and Black Sun hero Arlem Demonhunter in a counterattack.
With the help of the spacers, who shot down many Black Sun starfighters, the Car'das managed to repel the attack. Seizing the opportune moment, Dartas Pytin decided to have his forces strike against the Black Sun in a series of attacks on nearby Black Sun bases of operation, the Salient Trinity, in the Black Sun-controlled Scarlet Dawn quadrant. He first ordered his pilots to attack the Dual Moons, eliminate Black Sun pilots and kill Lieutenant Commanders Chaen and Ondara. Dartas Pytin's pilots finally assaulted the Darkveil Eclipse, the main Black Sun hub, and his defenses led by Lieutenant Commander Rilis. The Car'das wing, still including the spacers, finally joined other Car'das pilots to eliminate remaining Black Sun forces and were successful in eliminating large portions of the Black Sun forces in the system. Black Sun commanders were all killed during the fighting.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- "Ah ha! The hero of the day! You were great out there! You ensured our victory against the Black Sun."
- ―Dartas Pytin, to a pilot
Largely thanks to the heroic deeds of the spacers, the Car'das emerged victorious, having removed the Black Sun threat from the Bright Jewel system for the time being. The spacers were awarded a decoration, "Hero of Tansarii Point Station", for the participation in the battle.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Battle of Tansarii Point Station appeared in the video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – M3-A Interceptor Expansion Pack (Card: ) (First identified as Battle of Tansarii Point Station)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit (Card: ) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Journal Entry: "The Trinity: Dual Moons"
- Sergent Snopel was still in active service in the Imperial Military during the Battle of Talus while he was retired from the Empire during the Tansarii Point Station prologue.
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided—Quest: "The Mark of the Hero" on Tatooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Bright Jewel system
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Darkveil Eclipse" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "First pilot mission" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Patrolling for Black Sun" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Escorting" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Searching for Black Sun" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Escorting the Dynath Miner Back To the Station" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Warning the Allies" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Assassinating the Assassin" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Patrol: Bright Jewel Ribbon" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Kallor Brothers Rescue" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Black Sun Attacks" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Counter Attack" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Precise Maneuvers" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "After the Trinity" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Stopping the Slicers" on Tansarii Point Station