- "Let's get to business here Liege. You will allow my troops full access to your shield generator assembly so we can see how you operate your defenses."
"Of course. We are proud of our defenses here."
"While I will acquaint myself with some of the local workers."
- ―Padawan Xebec talking with Liege upon his arrival on Ukio.
During the Clone Wars, an intergalactic conflict between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Galactic Republic, the Jedi Order sent Jedi Masters Kit Fisto, Keelyvine Reus and Padawan Tyzen Xebec to inspect the energy shield on the planet along with several clone troopers. The Republic feared the Ukians were unprepared to hold off an attack from the Separatists. The planet was also the main source of supplies, like food, for other planets in the sector and planets along the Triellus Trade Route. Because of this, Ukio could not fall under Separatist control.
The Jedi and several clone troopers inspected the shield generator, when the Separatists "launched" an attack on Ukio. Reus suggested a quick recon in their Jedi interceptors. Fisto and Reus flew near the Trade Federation battleship and saw that the ship launched several modified seismic tanks which dropped a cloud of soil from the planet Moorja, onto the planetary shield.
- The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: The Valsedian Operation (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references
- The Clone Wars: The Valsedian Operation
- The Clone Wars: Act on Instinct places the battle of Ukio shortly after the death of Jedi Master Bolla Ropal, as depicted in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Cargo of Doom." According to , "Cargo of Doom" precedes the episode "Senate Spy," which The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 8 (22 BBY 101–102, Spying for the Senate) dates to 22 BBY. Given that 22 BBY is the first year of the Clone Wars, according to The New Essential Chronology, Ropal's death must therefore take place in that year, thus providing an approximate date for the battle of Ukio.