During the Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire, the Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry fought a battle against the Empire in the canyons of Xagobah in 3 ABY. The battle came as part of Operation Ringbreaker, where the 61st targeted a number of soft Imperial targets to force military redeployments from the Kuat Drive Yards to weaken its security for a final attack.
The 61st secured a victory, sustaining some casualties between that conflict and one fought on the planet Naator. The 61st, however, did not ultimately complete Operation Ringbreaker. When Operation Ringbreaker was examined by the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service, General Crix Madine listed Xagobah among the targets in a report on the campaign's first phase, which was later included among a compilation of documents called The Rebel Files by archivist Hendri Underholt.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. Furthermore the battle of Xagobah must have also occurred in that year.
- The Odyssey of Star Wars: An Epic Poem
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files