- "Duro was attacked, Warmaster, as our intelligence sug - I gested it would be. The executor there requested reinforce - I ments. My men were hungry for battle, and I complied. Then they came. I recalled the ships j when I understood the ploy, but they were prevented from leaving the Duro system by their interdictors. The infidels I kept our forces pinned in the planet's gravity well and then I fled. They are cowards!"
- ―Zhat Lah, to Nas Choka about the loss of Fondor
A battle in the Duro system took place in 29 ABY, near the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War. It was a failed attempt by the Galactic Alliance to reclaim the planet Duro from the Yuuzhan Vong. The battle lasted for over a day, as the Alliance fleet fought its way through the outer Duro system, only reaching serious resistance in the inner system, where Yuuzhan Vong reinforcements arrived. General Wedge Antilles ordered a retreat in order to protect Alliance forces at Fondor, the entire battle having been a feint to draw Yuuzhan Vong reinforcements from the battle there; however, the ships crewed by native Duros refused, and were destroyed.
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- ↑ Using the text of The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force, it is possible to place the Recapture of Coruscant nineteen days after the start of the novel, and the Battle of Esfandia (and thus the end of The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic III: Reunion) two months prior to the start of The Unifying Force. The Recapture of Coruscant occurs in 64:6 per The Essential Atlas, and by working backwards, at the very least the Battle of Esfandia must fall in 29 ABY. The Final Prophecy also places its events as more than two years after the Battle of Coruscant, which occurs in 62:4. Thus, The Final Prophecy, which occurs between Reunion and The Unifying Force, must fall in 29 ABY, despite The Essential Reader's Companion's placement of it in 28 ABY.