- "Ventress was a fair apprentice. However, as she became more powerful, her lust for bloodshed could not be sated. She grew ever more violent and unpredictable. She slaughtered Master Tholme, against my orders. We had the battle won, there was no reason to justify the death of an old friend."
- ―Count Dooku, to Quinlan Vos
A battle took place on a planet early in the Clone Wars. A major campaign, it saw Jedi Master Tholme lead hundreds of clone troopers against a detachment of Separatist battle droids under the command of Count Dooku's apprentice, Asajj Ventress. As the tide of the battle turned in the Confederacy's favor, Ventress engaged Tholme in a lightsaber duel and struck him down; according to Dooku, as part of a later attempt to turn Tholme's former Padawan Quinlan Vos against Ventress, her murder of Tholme had violated Dooku's orders.
- Dark Disciple (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Dark Disciple audiobook (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 66 (Databank A-Z: Venator–Asajj Ventress) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 68 (Databank A-Z: Pre Vizsla–Quinlan Vos)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones depicts the Clone Wars as beginning with the First Battle of Geonosis. As this battle occurred during the conflict, it must have occurred after the first battle on Geonosis.
- "Nightsisters" shows Asajj Ventress being expelled from Separatist service by Dooku on the orders of Darth Sidious during the Battle of Sullust. As Ventress commanded Separatist forces during this battle, it must have occurred before the Battle of Sullust.
- Dark Disciple