- "Ventress was a fair apprentice. However, as she became more powerful, her lust for bloodshed could not be sated. She grew ever more violent and unpredictable. She slaughtered Master Tholme, against my orders. We had the battle won, there was no reason to justify the death of an old friend."
- ―Count Dooku, to Quinlan Vos
In 22 BBY, specifically a number of months before the Battle of Christophsis, a battle took place on a planet early in the Clone Wars. A major campaign, it saw Jedi Master Tholme lead hundreds of clone troopers against a detachment of Separatist battle droids under the command of Count Dooku's apprentice, Asajj Ventress. As the tide of the battle turned in the Confederacy's favor, Ventress engaged Tholme in a lightsaber duel and struck him down; according to Dooku, as part of a later attempt to turn Tholme's former Padawan Quinlan Vos against Ventress, her murder of Tholme had violated Dooku's orders.
- Dark Disciple (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Dark Disciple audiobook (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 66 (Databank A-Z: Venator–Asajj Ventress) (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 68 (Databank A-Z: Pre Vizsla–Quinlan Vos)
- "Boba Fett and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- The battle between Tholme and Asajj Ventress seen in Dark Disciple occurs during the Clone Wars, meaning the battle takes place some time after the First Battle of Geonosis seen in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, which the Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 22 BBY. Furthermore, "Boba Fett and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals" – Star Wars Encyclopedia establishes that the engagement was fought months before the Battle of Christophsis, which is also dated to 22 BBY by Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the battle between Tholme and Ventress must take place in 22 BBY.
- Dark Disciple