- "First, you lose this system, and Grievous comes in and destroys my entire stronghold, leaving me here to just rummage through the leftovers of my once-great empire."
- ―Hondo Ohnaka, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
- "As I recall the last time we met face to face, I was your prisoner, and you attempted to barter me off to the highest bidder."
- ―Count Dooku reminding Hondo Ohnaka of his capture, leading to the Separatist invasion
During the first year of the Clone Wars, the Sith Lord and Confederate Head of State Count Dooku was taken hostage by a gang of pirates that were led by the pirate king Hondo Ohnaka. After Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker was taken prisoner aboard Dooku's ship above the planet Vanqor and was rescued by fellow Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, the two went to face the Sith Lord in his private quarters, but ultimately ended up chasing him to the planet's surface, where the two Jedi entered a nearby cave to search for their enemy. However, Dooku escaped but encountered Hondo Ohnaka, who was looting the downed Sheathipede-class shuttle and his solar sailer. Ohnaka informed Dooku that if he needed transportation off of Vanqor, the nearest planet was Florrum, Hondo's base of operations, and Dooku accepted the pirate's offer for transportation, assuring him that he'd compensate his services. While en route to Florrum, Ohnaka picked the Sith Lord's pockets and stole his and Skywalker's lightsaber. Upon their arrival on Florrum, the pirate mistook Dooku for a Jedi, but Dooku corrected him, telling him that he was a Sith Lord. However, Ohnaka reminded him that he was still outnumbered.
Nonetheless, the Count later escaped the grasp of Ohnaka's gang with the help of his enemies Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as the Naboo Representative Jar Jar Binks, and Ohnaka was warned by Kenobi that although there were no held grudges towards him or his gang, Dooku did not share the same sentiment as they and knew where Ohnaka lived, suggesting that a Separatist attack was likely to take place in the future.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"(First appearance)
- "Almost a Jedi"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival" (First mentioned)
- "Kindred Spirits" – Star Wars Insider 159 (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Databank A-Z: First Order–Fyrnocks)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 21 (Databank A-Z: Greedo–Gundarks)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 31 (Databank A-Z: Kaminoans–King Katuunko)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 41 (Databank A-Z: 'Occupier' Tank–Oola)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- "Crime and Punishment" – Star Wars Insider 209 (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- "Brain Invaders" establishes that the second occupation of Geonosis began after the Second Battle of Geonosis, while Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel shows that it continued throughout the rest of the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- According to A Necessary Bond" occur after "The Gathering." Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle! dates the events of that episode to 20 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 20 BBY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Additionally, establishes that the events of "A Necessary Bond" occur before those of "Secret Weapons," which Star Wars Helmet Collection 33 (Highlights of the Saga: The Unlikely Heroes) dates to 20 BBY. Therefore, "A Necessary Bond" occurs in 20 BBY. , the events of "
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"