- "First, you lose this system, and Grievous comes in and destroys my entire stronghold, leaving me here to just rummage through the leftovers of my once-great empire."
- ―Hondo Ohnaka, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Prelude[edit | edit source]
- "As I recall the last time we met face to face, I was your prisoner, and you attempted to barter me off to highest bidder."
- ―Count Dooku reminding Hondo Ohnaka of his capture, leading to the Separatist invasion
During the first year of the Clone Wars, the Sith Lord and Confederate Head of State Count Dooku was taken hostage by a gang of pirates that were led by the pirate king Hondo Ohnaka. After Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker was taken prisoner aboard Dooku's ship above the planet Vanqor and was rescued by fellow Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, the two went to face the Sith Lord in his private quarters, but ultimately ended up chasing him to the planet's surface, where the two Jedi entered a nearby cave to search for their enemy. However, Dooku managed to escape but had encountered Hondo Ohnaka, who was currently looting the downed Sheathipede-class shuttle and his solar sailer. Ohnaka informed Dooku that if he needed transportation off of Vanqor, the nearest planet was Florrum, Hondo's base of operations, and Dooku accepted the pirate's offer for transportation, assuring him that he'd compensate his services. While en route to Florrum, Ohnaka was able to pickpocket the Sith Lord and steal his and Skywalker's lightsaber, and upon their arrival on Florrum, the pirate mistook Dooku for a Jedi, but Dooku corrected him, telling him that he was a Sith Lord. However, Ohnaka reminded him that he was still outnumbered.
Nonetheless, the Count later managed to escape the grasp of Ohnaka's gang with the help of his enemies, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, as well as the Naboo Representative Jar Jar Binks, and Ohnaka was warned by Kenobi that although there were no held grudges towards him or his gang, Dooku did not share the same sentiment as they and knew where Ohnaka lived, suggesting that a Separatist attack was likely to take place in the future.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond" (First appearance)
- "Almost a Jedi"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival" (First mentioned)
- "Kindred Spirits"—Star Wars Insider 159 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Databank A-Z: First Order–Fyrnocks)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 21 (Databank A-Z: Greedo–Gundarks)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 31 (Databank A-Z: Kaminoans–King Katuunko)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 41 (Databank A-Z: 'Occupier' Tank–Oola)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bacara (★★★★) (link))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the Onderonian Civil War began 22 years before the Rogue One mission, and that it ended 19 years before the mission. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Rogue One mission to 0 BBY. Therefore, the Onderonian Civil War began in 22 BBY and ended in 19 BBY. Because the end of the war was depicted in "Tipping Points," the events of the episode must be set in 19 BBY. establishes that the events of "A Necessary Bond" take place after "Tipping Points" and before the events of "Eminence," which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "A Necessary Bond" must take place in 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured"