- "So, we're going to Nevarro?"
"Have you ever been?"
"No. We lost a lot of our forces there. The city's dug in pretty deep. No cover when you drop in. It stayed in Empire control 'till the end of the war."
- ―Carasynthia Dune and Din Djarin
At some point by 5 ABY, a battle took place on the planet Nevarro during the Galactic Civil War. In the battle, Rebel Alliance forces landed on the planet's surface and fought with forces of the Galactic Empire, making their way to the planet's city. Due to the city being located deep within the terrain of Nevarro, which provided no viable cover, the rebels suffered heavy casualties. Thus, the Empire retained control of the planet until the end of the war in 5 ABY, though an Imperial remnant operated on Nevarro after the war's end. In 9 ABY, the Mandalorian Din Djarin asked the former rebel shock trooper Cara Dune if she had ever been to Nevarro while the two were travelling to the planet. Dune detailed the history of the battle while revealing she had never visited the planet before.
Behind the scenes
Notes and references
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 7: The Reckoning"
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the end of the Galactic Civil War to 5 ABY. As the battle on Nevarro is established to have taken place during the war, it must have taken place by that year.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- The events of "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" took place in 9 ABY per the reasoning here.
- "Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season One Companion"—Star Wars Insider 201