- "A battle is coming, my brothers, a battle between the Sith and that which they fear the most—us."
- ―Maul, to his Shadow Collective allies
The Battle on Ord Mantell was fought between the Shadow Collective of Maul and the Confederacy of Independent Systems on and in orbit of Ord Mantell during the Clone Wars. The battle was devised by Maul and Mother Talzin, who suspected that the Sith and Separatists were trying to draw Talzin out into the open to destroy her. The battle was designed to capture Count Dooku and General Grievous by luring them into a trap on Ord Mantell.
Maul planned the trap along with his Shadow Collective allies, including Death Watch, the Black Sun, and the Pyke Syndicate. Directly before the arrival of the Separatist forces, a group of Nightbrothers lead by Viscus arrived in a transport, which had been sent by Talzin as reinforcements. When the battle began, the Shadow Collective forces engaged the battle droid army on the surface, while Maul made his way into orbit and boarded Grievous' command ship Grievous disabled the battle droid army after Maul gave him the choice to do so or die, and the cyborg general was taken into custody. Dooku, meanwhile, had engaged and defeated the Nightbrothers in battle, before being captured by Shadow Collective forces.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 2 (First appearance)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3 (Mentioned only) (First identified as Battle on Ord Mantell)
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4 (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 1
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 2
- The Mandalorian civil war begins in "The Lawless" and does not end until "The Phantom Apprentice."
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 3
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the mission to Utapau and the Second battle of Dathomir to 19 BBY. As the novel this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episode and comic the other events are attached to according to , this event must take place in 19 BBY.