During the Galactic Civil War, a battle was fought in the honey fields of Vir Aphshire between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry. The news of Alderaan's destruction was given without hesitation by the 61st's Captain, Micha Evon.
Near the end of the battle, the 61st got news of the destruction of the Death Star, and it boosted morale. The 61st defeated the Imperial forces that day, but the stormtroopers destroyed the hives to minimize looting from the rebels.
Afterwards, Sergeant Fektrin had a relatively new soldier, Private Hazram Namir, give the report to the Captain saying everyone would need to meet him eventually. Namir met Evon and was moved by his speech on the 61st.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- "One Thousand Levels Down" – Star Wars Insider 151
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- In Battlefront: Twilight Company the battle on Vir Aphshire took place concurrent to the Battle of Yavin and ended shortly after the news of the latter battle arrived. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the latter battle to 0 BBY and defines 0 ABY as the year following the event, therefore the battle on Vir Aphshire must have also taken place in both 0 BBY and 0 ABY.