- "That's a Separatist battlesphere."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
The battlesphere was a variant of the core ship manufactured by the Trade Federation and later used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Powered by several reactors, battlespheres were equipped with a deflector shield generator, and also sported several hangar bays, which could carry up to at least three Vulture-class droid starfighters and at least three Rogue-class Porax-38 starfighters. Skytop Station was a modified battlesphere that acted as a Separatist listening post and was situated in the upper atmosphere of the Ruusan moon, where it was later destroyed by a squad of Galactic Republic forces.
Behind the scenes
Battlespheres first appeared in "Ambush," the first episode of the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars' first season, which aired on October 3, 2008, albeit in the episode's opening newsreel. They later made their full appearance and received their name in the first season's seventh episode "Duel of the Droids," which aired on November 14 of that same year.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (First appearance) (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (First identified as battlesphere)
- Star Wars: Build the Millennium Falcon 56 (Starship Fact File: Skytop Station Battlesphere)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Weapons & Uniforms: Terror of the IG-100s) (Picture only)