The Batuu system was a star system with three stars that was located in Trilon sector of the Outer Rim Territories on the edge of the Unknown Regions at galactic coordinates -401.72, -561.84, 004.32. It contained the planet Batuu and its two moons.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Batuu system was created for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park on May 31, 2019. However, prior to the opening of the park it first appeared in various tie-in material, starting with the non-canon Star Tours: The Adventures Continue in 2017. The system's first canon appearance was in the 2018 novel Thrawn: Alliances, which was written by Timothy Zahn. None of the sources released prior to the opening of the park identified the Batuu system, but staff at Galaxy's Edge were informed of the system's name to share with guests.
- Thrawn: Alliances (First canonical appearance)
- Force Collector
- Pirate's Price
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge 1
- Galaxy's Edge 2
- Galaxy's Edge 3
- Galaxy's Edge 4
- Galaxy's Edge 5
- A Crash of Fate
- "The Black Spire"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Chasing Ghosts"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (First identified as Batuu system)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Datapad
- ↑ Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- ↑ Thrawn: Alliances