Bavva was a colony world of the gold-skinned Nothoiin species. Located on the Nothoiin Corridor in the Outer Rim Territories' Anoat sector, Bavva exported a foul-tasting ale distilled from moss that Lutrillians loved and Humans hated. Sergeant Taray, a Nothoiin member of the Cloud City Wing Guard, grew up in Bavva's lawless Kaniti province.
The mossy planet Bavva resided in the Bavva system of the Anoat sector, part of the Greater Javin region in the Western Reaches portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It sat on the Nothoiin Corridor hyperlane, near the planet Nothoiin itself, and was the last stop for starships leaving the Anoat to enter the adjacent Tungra sector.
Bavva developed as a colony world for members of the sentient Nothoiin species, gold-skinned Near-Humans who came from the neighboring planet Nothoiin. In the thousand-year period before the Galactic Civil War, countless hyperspace explorers plumbed the Greater Javin for an efficient route that would connect the central Corellian Trade Spine with the Nothoiin homeworld. They sought to establish lasting trade with Nothoiin's alien civilization, but their dreams were dashed by the region's vast Twin Nebulae, a navigational nightmare.
Centuries passed before the entrepreneur Ecclessis Figg succeeded where so many had failed. Figg's scout ships miraculously blazed new hyperspace routes through the tangles of the Twin Nebulae on either side of the Corellian Trade Spine to reach worlds previously accessible only by expensive, roundabout journeys. The new Nothoiin Corridor linked the Trade Spine with the planets Bavva and Nothoiin, and even extended into the neighboring Tungra sector. Thanks to Figg's new hyperspace shortcuts, the Greater Javin exploded into an economic powerhouse.
Originally part of the Republic's Javin sector, Bavva was reorganized into the new Anoat sector circa 400 BBY. Around the time of the Galactic Civil War, Bavva experienced an influx of Nothoiin fleeing the wildfires that had plagued their home planet since before the Clone Wars.
The Nothoiin male Taray grew up in the lawless marshlands of Bavva's Kaniti province. Taray went on to become a sergeant in the Bespin Wing Guard on Cloud City, where he willingly broke local laws to enforce the spirit of those laws.
Bavva exported a foul-tasting ale distilled from the planet's moss. Members of the Lutrillian species loved Bavva ale and visited the planet on ale-sampling tours, but Humans hated the alcoholic beverage.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name "Bavva" originated in the 1989 West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game supplement, in reference to Bavva ale, which was sold on Bespin's Cloud City. Drawing upon that original mention, the 2004 online article "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin," part of Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Roleplaying Game, established Bavva as a planet located in Bespin's galactic region.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned) (as Bavva ale)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition (as Bavva ale)
- (First described)
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tungra sector is the spinward neighbor of the Greater Javin region. shows that the
- ↑ "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin," which is set during the Rebellion and New Republic eras (0 BBY–25 ABY; see here), states that the Anoat sector was established in the last year of Ecclessis Figg's life. The text states that Figg died nearly four centuries prior to its setting, thus providing an approximate date of 400 BBY for the Anoat sector's establishment.
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin