Bavva ale was a foul-tasting alcoholic beverage distilled from moss found on the Outer Rim Territories planet Bavva, a Nothoiin colony world. Appreciation for its taste varied among certain species: Lutrillians loved it and visited Bavva on ale-sampling tours, whereas Humans hated it, even going so far as to ban the ale from some majority-Human settlements.
The planet Bavva exported its trademark ale during the Galactic Civil War. Between the years 0 ABY and 3 ABY, the Merchants Guild of the planet Bespin's Cloud City served wretched Bavva ale distilled through the coolant tubes of an Incom N21-3 power converter salvaged from a dry-docked stock light freighter called the Happy Failure.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bavva ale was first mentioned in the 1989 West End Games sourcebook Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a supplement for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2004 Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Roleplaying Game supplement "Galactic Gazetteer: Hoth and the Greater Javin" and the 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas further added to the lore for Bavva ale.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (First mentioned)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin is set "during that three year period between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back movies." This period corresponds to the years 0 ABY to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin