- "Fix bayonets!"
- ―An order sometimes given by Rebel commanders
A bayonet was a sharp blade that could be mounted on the end of a blaster rifle or other long-barreled rifle. This allowed the wielder to use the rifle in close combat as a spear-like melee weapon. A bayonet detached from a rifle could be used as a simple knife. The vibrobayonet was an enhanced version of this weapon.
The Rodian hunter Harno used such a weapon, as did the bounty hunter Mist. Other users included Republic troopers of the Old Republic, Trandoshan Bounty Hunters, and members of Kota's Militia.
In a few notable instances, Rebel commanders have ordered their troops to "fix bayonets!" more so that their men would go down with a fight than any real effect the bayonets would have on the enemy.
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Pandemonium (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crisis on Naboo"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Star Wars: Agent of the Empire—Hard Targets
- Han Solo at Stars' End (First appearance)
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
- "Ringers"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- "The Masters of Exocron"—The Kathol Outback
- Jedi Search
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- The Kathol Outback
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Threats of the Galaxy
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide