Bears were a variety of stocky, omnivorous mammals found throughout the galaxy. They tended to have a mainly carnivorous diet.
Uses of bear in names
- Bear, a Jedi Master
- Bear, a K-wing pilot
- Bear Clan, a group of Younglings of the Jedi Order
- Bear spider, a species of spider
- Bursa of Naboo greatly resembled bears.
- Balinaka of Garnib were a sentient race called "bears" by Rebel SpecOps personnel.
- Some individuals thought Ewoks were "little bears." Mace Towani once used this phrase to describe them.
Behind the scenes
Along with the sounds of various other animals, real-life bear sounds were mixed to create Chewbacca's Shyriiwook dialogue in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and subsequent films and media for himself and other Wookiees.
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer (Mentioned only)
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (Mentioned only)