- "Reach out. Sense the Force around you. Use your feelings, you must."
- ―Yoda's instructions, to the members of Bear Clan
The Bear Clan, also known as the Mighty Bear Clan, was a class of Jedi younglings that began their training in the ways of the Force under the tutelage of Grand Master Yoda. Prior to the start of the Clone Wars, Yoda requested the clan's assistance in Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi's search for the lost planet of Kamino.
- "Gravity silhouette remains, but the star and all the planets…disappeared they have. How can this be? A thought? Anyone."
"Master? Because someone erased it from the Archive memory."
- ―Yoda and J. K. Burtola
The Bear Clan was a class of the Jedi Order that consisted of younglings—children between the ages of four and eight who were divided into ten clans of up to twenty students. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant, the capital world of the Galactic Republic, served as both their home and school, where the younglings received their first lessons in the Jedi arts before becoming padawans to the more experienced members of the Order, such as Knights and Masters. Like all Jedi with the exception of Anakin Skywalker, the Bear Clan was initially instructed in the art of lightsaber combat and the ways of the Force by Yoda, the Jedi Grand Master and a leading member of the High Council.
In 22 BBY, the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi interrupted the Bear Clan's lightsaber training session with Yoda, whose wisdom he sought in order to discover the reason behind the lack of information on the planet Kamino in the Jedi Archives. The Grand Master discussed the case in front of the younglings, having decided to include the Bear Clan in their conversation as observers and potential participants. After analyzing an incomplete star map, the younglings were encouraged by Yoda to share their insight in the matter, to which J. K. Burtola revealed his conclusion—the location of Kamino had been erased from the Archives' memory banks. Marveling at the imaginative mind of a child, Yoda agreed with the youngling's deduction, although he was also disturbed by it, as only a member of the Jedi Order could tamper with their records.
Shortly after the Battle of Fortress Vader, Darth Vader entered a portal constructed by Lord Momin to resurrect his wife Padmé Amidala. While walking through visions, he saw Yoda training the Bear Clan at the same moment Kenobi arrived before as the words of "Focus, young Skywalker" resounded in his mind.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25 (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- (First identified as Bear Clan)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25