- "Here is the location of the cave where I think the brutes might be hiding. Now please save my family, and do be careful."
- ―A moisture farmer
Description[edit | edit source]
The Beetle Cave was located a relatively short distance south of the planet's eastern oasis, and some distance east of the Great Mesra Plateau and northeast of Mos Eisley. The cave was populated by numerous cave beetles, rock beetles, and dune beetles.
History[edit | edit source]
- "We've been told stories all about it. My grandpa said he knew where one used to live. He said he found the Dragon in the cave and punched it in the nose. My grandpa's a good guy and he wouldn't lie, no-siree!"
- ―A commoner
A commoner from Mos Entha claimed that around 80 years prior to the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, his grandfather saw a krayt dragon in the cave and punched it in the nose. The commoner gave the coordinates of the cave to the spacer, where the skeletal remains of the dragon could be found. Sometime following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, the cave was used as a base of operations by a violent gang of pirates known as the Sennex. When the wife and daughter of a moisture farmer were kidnapped and held captive inside the base for ransom, he begged a spacer to rescue them. The spacer succeeded in doing so, and received the Mark of Altruism as a result.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Beetle Cave was a location in the 2003 massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, prior to the game's closure on December 15, 2011. During one of the herald quests given by a commoner, the datapad coordinators referred to this location as a Mysterious Cave.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide