- "Imperial freighter, this is Governor Everi Chalis. If you do not adjust course within fifteen seconds, I will deal with you as I dealt with the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections. That will be my gift to your superior, Commodore Krovis, before I have him tried for gross incompetence."
- ―Everi Chalis to the crew of an Imperial freighter
Belnar was an astronomical body located in the Colonies region at the coordinates M-9. Prior to 3 ABY, some insurrections occurred around Belnar, during of which Everi Chalis, an emissary to the Galactic Empire's ruling council, punished the crew of the starship Mandible over for accident, executing those responsible. Chalis later cited the Belnar Insurrections to the crew of an Imperial heavy freighter in 3 ABY, referencing the punishment of the Mandible's crew to threaten the freighter into changing course.
Behind the scenes
Belnar was first mentioned in the 2015 novel Battlefront: Twilight Company, written by Alexander Freed. In Star Wars Legends continuity, the planet Belnar was first mentioned in Wanted by Cracken, a sourcebook written by Louis J. Prosperi for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and published in 1993.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the Belnar Insurrections are mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY, with the Belnar Insurrections occurring prior.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Wanted by Cracken