- "Imperial freighter, this is Governor Everi Chalis. If you do not adjust course within fifteen seconds, I will deal with you as I dealt with the crew of the Mandible during the Belnar Insurrections. That will be my gift to your superior, Commodore Krovis, before I have him tried for gross incompetence."
- ―Everi Chalis to the crew of an Imperial freighter
The Belnar Insurrections were a series of events that took place sometime by the year 3 ABY at the Colonies astronomical body Belnar. During the events, the Imperial governor Everi Chalis punished the crew of the starship Mandible, which had suffered an accident while carrying volatile cargo under the command of a drunken captain. Rather than admit this act of incompetence on the part of one of its officers, the Galactic Empire instead credited the punishment to Chalis as to show the consequences for the accident. Chalis later mentioned the Belnar Insurrections to the crew of an Imperial heavy freighter in 3 ABY, using the punishment of the Mandible's crew as a threat to make the freighter change course.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The main events of Battlefront: Twilight Company are set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Those events must have therefore occurred in 3 ABY. The Belnar insurrections were mentioned during the novel's main events and so must have therefore happened by that year.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game