Berrun was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Berrun system, a part of the Slice portion of the Colonies. By the time of the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, the Republic maintained a detention facility on Berrun. After being convicted of war crimes as a result of targeting the families of their Imperial targets, the members of the Republic Special Forces squad known as the Surgeons served out their life sentences in the prison.
In 34 BBY, Berrun hosted the Galactic Games, a sporting event that was held every seven years in a different galactic location. The Euceron athlete Maxo Vista won five events at the Games on Berrun, earning him galactic fame.
Behind the scenes
Berrun was first mentioned in the young readers novel Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games, written by Jude Watson and published in 2002 as the third volume in the Star Wars: Jedi Quest series. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Berrun system, and therefore Berrun itself, in grid square M-10.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games (First mentioned)
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Berrun system
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with Sergeant Rusk: "The Surgeons"
- The Essential Reader's Companion places the events of Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games, which establishes that the Galactic Games were held on Berrun seven years prior, in 27 BBY.