- "These fancy meringue drops were designed to resemble the clouds of Tibanna gas that drift gently through the planet Bespin's atmosphere, and you ain't gonna believe the storm front of flavor in each whimsical wisp."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Bespin Clouds Drops were an opulent, pink-and-blue meringue that was designed to look like the Tibanna gas clouds that could be found in the atmosphere of the planet Bespin. When eaten, they melted in the consumer's mouth. The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for Bespin Cloud Drops in his first cookbook, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, published in 34 ABY. Tuggs described the meringues as extremely flavorsome and claimed that he could eat the dainty treats by the handful.
Behind the scenes
Bespin Cloud Drops were created as a recipe for the 2019 recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, which was written by Marc Sumerak and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel. The out-of-universe recipe for the meringues calls for egg whites, cream of tartar, sugar, dessert pear syrup or grenadine, and light-blue food coloring.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.