- "Cadets, you entered this facility as children, and in a few short weeks, you will leave as soldiers. By the time you complete your training, you will be prepared to serve your Emperor. Today, we will test your strength and resolve. Are you ready to become stormtroopers?"
"Sir, yes, sir!"
- ―Commandant Cumberlayne Aresko and Betancy, with the cadets of LRC077
Betancy was an Imperial cadet who trained at the Galactic Empire's Academy for Young Imperials on the planet Lothal in 5 BBY. They were a member of the promising cadet squad LRC077 with Ezra Bridger and Zare Leonis and were part of the squad's Unit Besh. When squad LRC077 was summoned to the Well training facility, Betancy was one of two cadets ordered not to participate in the exercise by Taskmaster Myles Grint.
Betanc was a individual who trained as a cadet in the Galactic Empire's Academy for Young Imperials on the planet Lothal five years before the Battle of Yavin. They were born in the years leading up to 18 BBY and entered the Academy at some point after turning thirteen. Betancy was a member of the promising cadet squad LRC077 with Zare Leonis and "Dev Morgan," and served in the squad's Unit Besh.
When Unit Besh and Unit Aurek, the other unit in LRC077, were summoned to the Well training facility in the academy, Betancy and fellow Besh cadet Thurgos were ordered by Taskmaster Myles Grint to not take part in the exercise and instead stand with Sergeant Currahee and Units Cresh and Dorn. Betancy and Thurgos's shoulders slumped when given they were given the order, but the cadets obeyed and removed their helmets before walking away from their squad.
Personality and traitsEdit
They were of similar stature and build to Zare Leonis and Ezra Bridger and wore the standard white and gray Imperial cadet uniform with black boots and gloves. Betancy's helmet was white and had no unique identifying symbols adorning it, unlike the helmets belonging to Unit Aurek cadets.
Behind the scenesEdit
Betancy first appeared in the 2014 Star Wars Rebels episode "Breaking Ranks." They were first identified in the 2015 junior novel, Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks, although it was not specified which of the four Unit Besh cadets seen in "Breaking Ranks" was Betancy.
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks (First identified as Betancy)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks" (First appearance)
- (Picture only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Betancy was a student at the one year Academy for Young Imperials at the same time as Zare Leonis. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that Leonis was a cadet in 5 BBY. Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide states that the youngest Imperial Academies begin training Cadets is "13 standard years of age." This means Betancy must have been born at least thirteen years before, by 18 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Breaking Ranks"
- ↑ "Note Unit Forn is all-female. We don’t see female cadets in “Breaking Ranks,” but we know they exist – Dhara was one, after all." (screenshot)