Bidlo Kwerve was an employee of the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure who competed against the Twi'lek Bib Fortuna to be the Hutt's majordomo. Fortuna was successful in claiming the job, while Kwerve ended up as an early victim of the crime lord's pet rancor Pateesa in Jabba's Palace on the planet Tatooine. Kwerve's skull remained in the rancor's pit below the palace, until the Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker was dropped into the pit for execution. The Jedi picked up the skull and threw it across the pit as the rancor attempted to eat him. The button caused the door to the pit to lower onto Pateesa's neck and killed the creature, inadvertently avenging Kwerve.
Behind the scenes
Bidlo Kwerve's skull first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi in 1983. The character was then introduced without being linked to the skull in The Star Wars Sourcebook, released by West End Games in 1987. It was not until the release of the "Jabba's Palace Limited" set of Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game in 1998 that the skull from Return of the Jedi was identified as being Kwerve's. This identification was confirmed to be canon by Star Wars: Complete Locations, a reference book released in 2016.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance) (Skull only)
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Luke vs. the Rancor - Wrath of the Rancor" (Skull only)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Skull only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Bidlo Kwerve)
- "Jabba the Hutt and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals" – Star Wars Encyclopedia