Biker Advanced Recon Commandos, also referred to as BARC troopers, were specialized clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic, trained to ride BARC speeders across difficult terrain or dangerous battlegrounds. BARC troopers were equipped with modified clone trooper armor that directed their attention forward to avoid distractions, which could be dangerous to them at high speeds. During the final days of the Clone Wars, BARC troopers under the command of Jedi General Stass Allie and Clone Commander CC-8826 "Neyo" were present on the planet Saleucami. Whilst out on a speeder bike patrol, Neyo was issued Order 66 by the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, Sheev Palpatine, which forced him to open fire on his superior. As a result Allie, like most of the other Jedi across the galaxy, was killed by the troops.
By the year 19 BBY, BARC troopers in the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps were stationed on Saleucami during the Outer Rim Sieges of the Clone Wars. Whilst riding across the planet's terrain on a BARC speeder, Clone Commander Neyo was issued Order 66 by Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine of the Galactic Republic. Forced to comply as a result of their behavioral modification biochips, he and a wingman opened fire on Jedi General Stass Allie's speeder, destroying the vehicle and killing the Jedi.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (DLC)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Secret Weapons"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Biker Advanced Recon Commando)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- (First identified as BARC trooper)