Binary loadlifters were a type of labor droids that were used to lift heavy loads. The binary programming language of those droids was similar to that of moisture vaporators. CLL-M2 binary loadlifters were a model of Binary loadlifter, while Type II loadlifter droids were frauds, being repurposed demolition droids prone to violence. Late in the Clone Wars, Rafa Martez was hired by Lokann and his business partner to build the Type II loadlifter droids. The work was done by Rafa's sister Trace and her new friend Ahsoka Tano, who eventually realized the danger of the droids. One of the droids went on a rampage through Level 1313 after Trace forgot to put a restraining bolt on it before activating it, leading her and Tano to have to chase it down.
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Padawan Path"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gone with a Trace"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Together Again"
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)