Bink Otauna was a human male who served as a lieutenant in the Galactic Empire. Han Solo once attempted to befriend both him and Tag Greenley, but eventually determined that the two were too much of a colossal screwup to hang around with. Otauna and Greenley were later present during an Imperial tribunal on Carida conducted to review Solo's actions during an assault by raiders on Onyx Squadron.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bink Otauna was originally a character appearing in the Star Wars Infinities comic series Star Wars: Tag & Bink, and was created by Kevin Rubio. Toby Hefferman portrayed Bink (alongside Jon Kasdan as Tag) in a deleted scene from the 2018 film Solo: A Star Wars Story. The scene featuring them was cut from the finished version of the film despite Kasdan's objection. They appeared working menial security jobs when Han Solo was brought before the disciplinary committee at the Carida Academy. Although the scene was always present since the film's first screenplay draft, director Ron Howard was forced to cut the scene because it was deemed unnecessary.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Otauna)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Schmidt, JK (2018-05-26). Why Tag and Bink Were Cut from Solo. ComicBook. comicbook.com. Archived from the original on November 16, 2018. Retrieved on June 3, 2018.