The Bio-antidote package, also called the Bio-antidote system was an cybernetic implant that maintained an stream of antitoxins circulating in the user's blood. The implant would increase the levels of the relevant antidotes when a poison was introduced into the user's body, rendering the user immune to all poison effects. The implant required an initial level of healthiness before it could be equipped, and sometimes caused dry mouth as a side effect.
A Bio-antidote package could be created at a workbench with sufficient tools, chemicals, and skill. During the Jedi Civil War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire in 3956 BBY, the implant was in use by the Sith. Zelka Forn, a doctor in the Upper City of the Outer Rim ecumenopolis of Taris, owned one of these implants, which he was willing to sell for five hundred credits. By 3951 BBY, five years later, the implant was more widely accessible and could be bought from merchants throughout the galaxy at a price of seventy-five credits.
Behind the scenes
The Bio-antidote package first appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, developed by BioWare. It later appeared in the 2004 sequel, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, developed by Obsidian Entertainment. While the item appeared in a specific shop and specific locations throughout the first game, the randomized inventories of merchants and loot drops of enemies mean that it has a chance to appear in several shops and locations.
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, a character must have the "Implant Level 3" feat in order to equip the Bio-antidote package. In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, a character must have a constitution attribute of fourteen or higher to equip the item.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (as Bio-antidote system)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic in 3956 BBY. In-game diogogue from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords places it five years after the events in the first game. Therefore, the sequel must take place in 3951 BBY