Bioengineering, or genetic engineering, was the science of altering the genes of a species to produce a desired result. The Nu-Cosian race was created through bioengineering, using genetic material from the Cosian species. Some geneticists surmised that the group of related species collectively known as the Delphidians were bioengineered as slaves by some long-gone master. Agricultural scientists Leo Leonis and his wife Tepha worked on creating genetically-modified crops to help feed the people of Chrona. Bioengineering prehensile tails on beings was considered vogue on Coruscant during the Imperial Era. They were said to never last more than a few months.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 6: Vader, Part VI
- Doctor Aphra 25: The Catastrophe Con, Part VI
- Doctor Aphra 27: Worst Among Equals, Part II
- Join the Resistance: Attack on Starkiller Base (Mentioned only)