Biological warfare was the use of infectious agents, including neurotoxins and defoliants, to kill living organisms as an act of war. During the Clone Wars Doctor Nuvo Vindi recreated and modified the long-eradicated Blue Shadow Virus as part of the research effort of Jedi-proof biological weapons. Later during the same conflict, Morseerian scientists worked to develop an infectious agent against the Grand Army of the Republic's clone troopers. During the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire used the planet Coyerti as a testing and development ground for biological weapons.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Blue Shadow Virus" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mystery of a Thousand Moons"
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown" (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)