- "But look at these plants. Bioluminescence, the ability of plants and animals to give off light. My sister, Paige, and I used to go exploring on D'Qar, and we found a cave full of plants like this once."
- ―Rose Tico
Bioluminescence was the production of light by certain living organisms. Typically, those organisms thrived in environments where light was limited, such as deep sea beds or caverns. Bioluminescence was used for a variety of purposes, including attracting pollinators and prey.
Because the planet Umbara was constantly submerged in darkness, bioluminescent plants like the Zabrak spine were common there. Such plants were also common in the darkest depths of Mon Cala's oceans, as exemplified by the Mon Cal microplankton.
- "Dooku Captured"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Star Wars 47
- "Turning Point"—Star Wars Insider 169
- "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"—Canto Bight
- "The Wine in Dreams"—Canto Bight
- Spark of the Resistance
- A Crash of Fate
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- Bioluminescence on Wikipedia