The black-powder pistol was an archaic slugthrower pistol that used a combustible powder to launch a physical projectile. It was commonly used by pre-industrial civilizations, and had a slow reload time.
A black-powder pistol was a primitive slugthrower hand weapon. The pistol was commonly used by pre-industrial civilizations. The weapon had a slow, involved method of reloading. During close-range battles, wielders of the weapon usually had time to fire only one shot, then were forced to use the pistol as a makeshift club or discard it entirely.
The black-powder pistol was an ornate, long-barreled handgun with a decorated grip often inlaid with semiprecious stones. Because of its antiquated status, its usage or possession was hardly regulated. A black-powder pistol had to be reloaded after each shot, making it largely ineffective in modern combat. Black-powder pistols were unreliable and required frequent maintenance. Despite these limitations, their main benefit was that knowledgeable explorers could usually scrounge together the materials to produce ammunition no matter where in the galaxy they might be. A set of 50 shots of ammunition could be purchased for 5 credits per set.
The black-powder pistol was usually found in a collector's items or functional museum reproductions, some of which were made by Yctor Arms.
- The Abduction (First appearance) (As "black powder pistol")
- (As "black powder pistol")
- Operation: Elrood
- "Side Trip" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (Mentioned only) (Information from Roleplaying Game Statistics section)
- "Artifact of Aaris"—The DarkStryder Campaign (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Live-Action Adventures
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions