The Black Spire was a petrified tree found in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. It was considered the heart of the outpost and was located next to Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities and Savi's Workshop. It was also the namesake of the outpost and an ancient gathering place for locals to tell stories. The spire was seen as a symbol of hope and rebirth, as it had a live tree growing from its center.
Behind the scenesEdit
Black Spire was named on trading cards available at Disney's December 16, 2017 "Galactic Nights" session, which covered locations for the upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction. It shared a card with Docking Bay 7. Although the map card containing it lacked an Aurebesh phrase itself, the other map cards, in particular those relating to the cantina, Smuggler's Alley, ancient ruins and Saka Homestead, alluded to the landmark via their respective Aurebesh phrases.
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge 1 (First canonical appearance)
- A Crash of Fate
- "The Black Spire"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Disney reveals new info and first looks of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge expansion at Orlando Business Journal