The Black Spire was a petrified tree found in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. It was considered the heart of the outpost and was located next to Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities and Savi's Workshop. It was also the namesake of the outpost and an ancient gathering place for locals to tell stories. The spire was seen as a symbol of hope and rebirth, as it had a live tree growing from its center.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Black Spire was named on trading cards available at Disney's December 16, 2017 "Galactic Nights" session, which covered locations for the upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction. It shared a card with Docking Bay 7. Although the map card containing it lacked an Aurebesh phrase itself, the other map cards, in particular those relating to the cantina, Smuggler's Alley, ancient ruins and Saka Homestead, alluded to the landmark via their respective Aurebesh phrases.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Adventures: Flight of the Falcon
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Galaxy's Edge 1 (First canonical appearance)
- A Crash of Fate
- A Crash of Fate audiobook
- "The Black Spire"—Myths & Fables (Appears in flashback(s))
- Myths & Fables audiobook (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Disney reveals new info and first looks of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge expansion. The Business Journals (2017-12-17). Archived from Disney reveals new info and first looks of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge expansion the original on August 9, 2020. Retrieved on August 9, 2020.