The Black Spire Ruins, called the old post by locals, or simply referred to as the ancient ruins, were located at the edge of Black Spire Outpost in the planet's Surabat River Valley. Belonging to an ancient settlement and acting as the original outpost, it was at one time the site of a temporary Resistance encampment, which the Resistance picked largely because it had been ideal for their needs. The encampment included a DF.12 Com Turret at an entrance that led directly into the ruins and into caves which included ancient artifacts and worship sites. The Resistance built their control center inside, in some cases cutting through rock to widen the caves.
Several Resistance recruits were once scrambled there alongside BB-8 to their fighters. Prior to a space battle with the First Order, a group of recruits departed from the ruins on a mission in an transport before the vessel's capture and eventual escape from a Star Destroyer.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Black Spire Ruins on Batuu were revealed in concept art and as part of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge model revealed by Disney during the theme park area's development and construction, with Doug Chiang giving some details about it in his interview. This area was believed to be the location of the entrance for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and later promotional material confirmed it. It was also present on a trading card titled "NEW RECRUITS RENDEZVOUS AT THE ANCIENT RUINS" issued at the Galactic Nights event on December 16, 2017 that gave details about the ride and revealed that the location acted as a staging area for the Resistance, including BB-8.
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Galaxy's Edge 5 (First identified as Black Spire Ruins)
- A Crash of Fate
- A Crash of Fate audiobook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Datapad)
- Star Wars: Datapad (First appearance, simultaneous with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge)
- "Black Spire: Return to a Shattered Planet"—Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Breznican, Anthony (2019-02-27). How Disney theme parks made Galaxy's Edge part of the Star Wars storyline. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Archived from the original on March 1, 2019. Retrieved on February 28, 2019.
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- ↑ Galaxy's Edge 5
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, though not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Breznican, Anthony (2019-02-27). Star Wars actors bring their characters to life in Disney theme parks' Rise of the Resistance ride. Entertainment Weekly. ew.com. Archived from the original on April 4, 2019. Retrieved on February 28, 2019.
- ↑ PHOTOS: Star Wars – Galaxy’s Edge Trading Cards Provide New Details of What Guests Will Find on Batuu in 2019. WDW News Today. Archived from the original on May 10, 2018.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Disney reveals new info and first looks of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge expansion. Orlando Business Journal. Archived from the original on March 12, 2019.