- "Every planet has a black market of some kind."
- ―Bazine Netal
A black market was an illegal means of dealing goods and services, outside of the eyes of the government. Despite the best efforts of law enforcement agencies and clone interdiction forces, black markets prospered throughout the Clone Wars-era Galactic Republic. To counter the appeal of black markets, the government issued propaganda pieces such as "Black Market" stating that helping oneself in that way was helping the enemy, and hurting the war effort.
After her previous lightsabers were stolen by Padawan Barriss Offee, Asajj Ventress acquired a replacement on the black market. She stated that although some thought only Jedi carried them, they were easy enough to acquire at the black market.
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
Notes and referencesEdit
- Black market on Wikipedia