- "They're black melons that grow in the Jundland Wastes. When you crack them open, there's milk inside. It tastes horrible, but it's safe to drink."
- ―Ben Kenobi
Black melons were a type of melon that grew in the Jundland Wastes of the desert planet Tatooine. They were egg-shaped with a crackled black outer shell, and contained a "milk" that the Tusken Raiders were known to drink. Black melon milk was also safe to drink for humans, although Ben Kenobi once commented that it tasted horrible. Kenobi attempted to sell some during a Great Drought on Tatooine during his exile. Kenobi was trying to sell them because citizens were dying due to a lack of water and much of the water they did have was taken as water taxes for Jabba the Hutt.
Behind the scenesEdit
Black melons first appeared in Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed", a Marvel comic book released in 2015 that was written by Jason Aaron and illustrated by Simone Bianchi.
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed" (First appearance)
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37
- "Reirin"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- From a Certain Point of View audiobook (Mentioned only)