- "You defile this place with your presence."
- ―A Blackguard Elite Wilder
The Blackguard were a group of Force wielders led by San’sii the Kursk and Vansk. Unlike many Force groups (excluding the Jedi and Sith), the Blackguard used lightsabers, as well as specialized types of lightsabers, such as the Saberstaff and Crossguard lightsaber.
- "The Blackguard operates from the molten world of Mustafar. They are largely recluses and have sought dark side lore since they emerged from the ruins of Sith philosophy after the Battle of Ruusan nearly a thousand years ago."
- ―Mother Talzin, Wild Power
The Blackguard were formed by Vulta Daanat, a former member of the Brotherhood of Darkness and apprentice of Lord Skere Kaan. They set up a base on the planet Mustafar, in the Southern Jedi Ruins near the Smoking Forest. They would often attack and be attacked by a criminal organization known as the Phantom Bandits. There were five ranks of Blackguard: Minion, similar to the Jedi youngling, Elite Minion, similar to the Jedi Padawan, Wilder, similar to the Jedi Knight, Elite Wilder, similar to the Jedi Master, and "The Kursk", similar to the Jedi Grandmaster. The Blackguard ritual of being promoted from a Elite Minion to the rank of Wilder was to kill one of the three types of Sher Kar. This was similar to the Jedi Padawan being Knighted. The "Blackguard" also had three specialized ranks: Marauder, Trinity Assassin, and Ravager. The Marauder's purpose was to explore the galaxy to search and study various force traditions. Then there was the Trinity Assassin, whose purpose was to eliminate enemies of the Blackguard and guard Force relics. Finally there was the Ravager, whose purpose was to defend the order's headquarters, similar to the Jedi brute. However, unlike the Jedi brute, a Ravager could be anyone, not just someone of intimidating bulk, providing they were an expert at lightsaber combat and Force combat techniques. Any of these specialized ranks could be chosen as a work choice when an Elite Minion advanced to Wilder.
In 1 ABY, archaeologist Mi Fon Lu tasked a group of adventurers to destroy the Blackguard. The group managed to kill all of the Blackguard in the ruins leading to what became known as the Blackguard Purge, allowing Mi Fon Lu access. However, it was almost certain the organization survived, due to its many members scattered throughout the galaxy.
- "The Blackguard clings to the principle that acquiring knowledge is superior to exerting physical power."
- ―Mother Talzin, Wild Power
The Blackguard believed to increase one's knowledge of the Force, one must understand the philosophies and abilities of other Force traditions around the galaxy. Therefore, the Blackguard had many members of their order scattered around the galaxy to achieve their goal. The Blackguard also believed that there was no light or dark side, and that only the light or dark side would dwell within the user. They sought to bring balance to the light and dark sides within themselves, similar to the ancient Je'daii Order and the Order of Revan.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
The Blackguard's techniques came primarily from the teachings of their founder Vulta Daanat, who trained under the leader of the Brotherhood of Darkness, Skere Kaan. Therefore, it was probable that Vulta was skilled in the same things that Kaan was, such as military strategy, mind tricks, battle meditation, lightsaber combat, and Force combat techniques which Daanat would have then passed down to them, it is also possible that they knew how to construct holocrons, due to the fact that they knew about one, the Mustafar Sith holocron which they had guarded by Trinity Assassins.
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Light side scenario campaign)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Trials of Obi-Wan (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Blackguard Elite Minion)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Blackguard Minion)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Blackguard Wilder)
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Agents of Deception (Card: Blackguard Elite Wilder)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Trials of the Blackguard)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Blackguard Marauder)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Threat of the Conqueror (Card: Blackguard Ravager)
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side