Blackvine was a type of green parasitic vine that grew on the planet Dagobah. In Dragonsnake Bog, blackvine had formed natural bridges over portions of the swamp close to the hut of the exiled Jedi Yoda by 3 ABY. Blackvine also grew on top of the nearby sentient Cave of Evil, which thought of itself as a trap beneath the blackvine leaves.
Behind the scenes
Blackvine was first mentioned in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations, in a section written by James Luceno and illustrated by Richard Chasemore and Hans Jenssen. The location originally appeared in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first mentioned in the 2004 reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy, which was also written by Luceno, with illustrations by Chasemore and Jenssen.
- "Vergence"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back to 3 ABY. The map depicting blackvine in Star Wars: Complete Locations also depicts events that take place in The Empire Strikes Back and so the image must also be set in 3 ABY.
- "Vergence"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy