BlasTech Industries was an arms manufacturer. It notably produced the E-11 blaster rifle used by the Galactic Empire as well as the DH-17 blaster pistol, A300 Blaster Riffle, and the DL-18 blaster pistol. Ezra Bridger's speeder bike was equipped with twin JB-37 blaster cannons manufactured by BlasTech. BlasTech also manufactured the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol favored by Han Solo.
During the Age of the Empire, BlasTech established a weapons laboratory in the Easthills near the planet Lothal's Capital City. In order to circumvent treaty restrictions on major corporations selling armaments to the First Order, BlasTech jointly spun off a subsidiary with Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. to operate within the borders of the First Order. This subsidiary, Sonn-Blas Corporation, manufactured the majority of First Order weaponry. BlasTech also created the EL-16 blaster some time between the Battle of Endor and the rise of the First Order. BlasTech also created the IB-94 blaster pistol, one being used by Din Djarin.
Pistols of BlasTech[edit | edit source]
Over the lifespan BlasTech Industries, countless models and designs of blaster pistols were conceived and produced. From the hard hitting DL-44 heavy blaster pistol to the "light" EC-17 hold-out blaster along with countless other models designed for both state-owned and private use. The Automatic DH-17 blaster pistol proved so successful that army and navy personnel of both the Alliance and Imperial Military used the model during the Galactic Civil War.
State business[edit | edit source]
State contracts were a major source of revenue for Blastech. Blaster weaponry such as the DC-17 (Clone War), SE-14r (Galactic Civil War), and the SE-44C (First Order/Resistance War), among others, were used extensively during their respective Galactic wars.
Multi-purpose blasters[edit | edit source]
BlasTech industries manufactured and designed several blaster models which could be configured for a number of different roles. The Alliance to Restore the Republic used the A-180 and A280-CFE. Both could be configured into a sniper rifle, assault rifle and blaster pistol.
The company also sold reconfigurable blasters such as the A-300 blaster rifle, which gave users the option to remove the long air-cooled barrel-shroud and the shoulder stock to allow for greater movement. A collapsing barrel could be pulled out to allow for greater accuracy without the need for previously mentioned heavy barrel. Note that the rifle could not reduced to a pistol.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (First appearance)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Gadgets and Gear
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Rise of the Separatists
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- The Mandalorian Blastech IB-94 Blaster (Small Size) – The Mandalorian. Rubies II, LLC. Archived from the original on December 21, 2020. Retrieved on December 21, 2020.
- Star Wars Battlefront