BlasTech Industries was an arms manufacturer. It notably produced the E-11 blaster rifle used by the Galactic Empire as well as the DH-17 blaster pistol, A300 blaster rifle, and the DL-18 blaster pistol. Ezra Bridger's speeder bike was equipped with twin JB-37 blaster cannons manufactured by BlasTech. BlasTech also manufactured the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol favored by Han Solo.
During the Age of the Empire, BlasTech established a weapons laboratory in the Easthills near the planet Lothal's Capital City. In order to circumvent treaty restrictions on major corporations selling armaments to the First Order, BlasTech jointly spun off a subsidiary with Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. to operate within the borders of the First Order. This subsidiary, Sonn-Blas Corporation, manufactured the majority of First Order weaponry. BlasTech also created the EL-16 blaster some time between the Battle of Endor and the rise of the First Order. BlasTech also created the IB-94 blaster pistol, one being used by Din Djarin.
Pistols of BlasTech
Over the lifespan BlasTech Industries, countless models and designs of blaster pistols were conceived and produced. From the hard hitting DL-44 heavy blaster pistol to the "light" EC-17 hold-out blaster along with countless other models designed for both state-owned and private use. The Automatic DH-17 blaster pistol proved so successful that army and navy personnel of both the Alliance and Imperial Military used the model during the Galactic Civil War.
State contracts were a major source of revenue for Blastech. Blaster weaponry such as the DC-17 (Clone War), SE-14r (Galactic Civil War), and the SE-44C (First Order/Resistance War), among others, were used extensively during their respective Galactic wars.
BlasTech industries manufactured and designed several blaster models which could be configured for a number of different roles. The Alliance to Restore the Republic used the A-180 and A280-CFE. Both could be configured into a sniper rifle, assault rifle and blaster pistol.
The company also sold reconfigurable blasters such as the A-300 blaster rifle, which gave users the option to remove the long air-cooled barrel-shroud and the shoulder stock to allow for greater movement. A collapsing barrel could be pulled out to allow for greater accuracy without the need for previously mentioned heavy barrel. Note that the rifle could not reduced to a pistol.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (First appearance)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Collapse of the Republic
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Gadgets and Gear
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Rise of the Separatists
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Star Wars Battlefront