- "Before the Battle of Naboo, we wore blast armor as an indulgence. Now we consider it a necessity."
- ―Captain Panaka
Thick enough to carry significant blast-dampening properties, yet light enough to allow movement in combat, the Creshaldyne Industries blast armor was a medium armor Jerkin that protected against sonic energy, electrical energy, thermal energy, and significant cold. Protecting the chest, back, and shoulders, the exterior of the armor was made from a rubbery material filled with thousands of tiny reflective crystals in a semisolid gel. These crystals both diffuse blaster energy, and absorb the intense heat generated by blaster bolts. The gel, meanwhile, absorbs significant kinetic impact, protecting the wearer by dispersing impacts caused by punches, kicks, falls, and bludgeoning weapons. The combination of rubber exterior and gel interior drastically slowed vibrations from vibroblades, seriously diminishing the effects of such weapons - and effectively protecting the wearer against piercing and slashing attacks.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- "A Summer's Dream"—Star Wars Tales 5
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- "Incident at Horn Station"—Star Wars Tales 2
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology