- "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
- ―Han Solo, to Luke Skywalker on the supposed advantages of a blaster over a lightsaber
A blaster, also called a gun, was any type of ranged weapon that fired bolts of intense plasma energy, often mistaken as lasers. Operating under the same principles as laser weaponry, blasters converted energy-rich gas to a glowing particle beam that could melt through targets. They came in a variety of sizes and shapes, including blaster pistols, blaster rifles, and reconfigurable blasters.[source?] Blaster artillery could also be attached on droids and vehicles. They could deliver variable levels of damage intensity, from stun to kill settings. They also could hit with great frictional or even explosive force, allowing a bolt to kill on impact even if the target is armored. Some blaster hits could cause bleeding instead of burning, or could do both, with the explosive force causing other damage around the wound. Despite their blazing concussive blasts, those ranged energized particle weapons could be countered by magnetic seals and deflector shields. The blade of a lightsaber could also deflect incoming blaster bolts. In the Security Forces of Naboo, some blasters were equipped with ascension guns. Some blasters could fire low-powered training bolts characterized by their orange color.
Blaster bolts came in different colors. Red was the most common color, and was made from cheaper gas. This color was used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Rebel Alliance, the Galactic Empire, and the First Order. Blue was used by the Galactic Republic, and the Resistance.[source?] Green was used by Naboo Security Forces, and the Umbarans. Yellow was used by Mandalorians.
- "Far Too Remote"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: Puzzle Droids
- Star Wars Blips – "The Chase"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Chewbacca, Part I
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara"
- Blaster on Wikipedia