The blaster pistol was a common weapon used by both military personnel and civilians. It came in a variety of shapes, sizes, and capabilities. Some were augmented for other functions, such as ascension guns that fired grappling hooks and cables. Many blaster pistols contained stun settings which were used to incapacitate a target instead of dealing lethal damage. Heavy blaster pistols, hold-out blasters, and Defender sporting blaster pistols, were types of blaster pistols.
Like all blaster technology, the blaster pistol fired cohesive bursts of light-based energy called "bolts." Blaster bolts could be repelled by magnetic seals and deflector shields. They could also be deflected by a lightsaber and even redirected back to the shooter or some other target.
Smuggler Han Solo made frequent use of his DL-44 heavy blaster pistol. Proficient at dual wielding two blaster pistols at the same time was bounty hunter Jango Fett, who used a pair of WESTAR-34 blaster pistols, as well as Clone Captain Rex, who used a pair of DC-17 hand blasters. The Vilmarh's Revenge was a popular type of blaster pistol during the time of the Galactic Empire and Cikatro Vizago was an individual who carried such a pistol.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide