- "They might be the dumbest creatures in the galaxy."
- ―Rey in her journal
Biology and appearanceEdit
Bloggins were avians with eyestalks and long tails. Their eyestalks let them see predators from a long distance. However, their tendency to panic, run around in a circle squawking, and failing to fly away left them with little choices.
They traveled in flocks and provided food for several of the local villagers. Bloggins regarded whatever land they were occupying as exclusively theirs and responded negatively to interlopers, protectively pecking at other beings that traveled through it. Their oil was used in lamps by the villagers of Tuanul. Additionally, the villagers raised them for meat and feathers. Rey also used bloggin-leather on the strap of her quarterstaff.
The astromech droid BB-8 encountered several bloggins on the Tuanul settlement during its secret mission on the planet Jakku thirty years after the Battle of Endor. They pecked at him as he passed, but BB-8 rolled around and avoided them.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bloggins first appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. They were not identified on screen, and only identified as Bloggins in The Force Awakens novelization, written by Alan Dean Foster.
- Choose Your Destiny: A Han & Chewie Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Tales from Vader's Castle 2: Count Dooku: Prince of Darkness! (Mentioned only)
- Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I (Mentioned only)
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part I"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- "Better the Devil You Know, Part II"—Star Wars Adventures 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization (First identified as Bloggin)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded