Blood was a liquid substance present in most sentient beings, though not all species had the same color of blood. Humans and Aqualish, for example, had red blood; while Rodians, Duros, and Trandoshans had green blood, Kiffar had scarlet blood, and Devaronians had black blood. By testing a sample of someone's blood, it was possible to get a midi-chlorian count and determine how sensitive one was to the Force. Human blood was said to have a characteristic metallic taste. Bloodburn was a rare blood disease that affected some starship pilots.
Notes and references
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir 4
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- The Rebellion Begins
- Dark Disciple
- Nexus of Power
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Rebel Rising