- "I was once buried alive—for 60 years! If that didn't kill me… if the Sith and the Mandalorians and the Bloodboilers of Kragis couldn't kill me—then you will not kill me!"
- ―Durge, to Anakin Skywalker
The Bloodboilers of Kragis was an organization from the Expansion Region's Kragis system. At some point between 2022 BBY and 20 BBY, it attempted to kill the Gen'Dai bounty hunter Durge. Confronted by Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker during the latter's mission to Maramere in 20 BBY, Durge claimed that as with the Sith, Mandalorian, and the Bloodboilers of Kragis in the past, Skywalker would not be able to kill him. However, the Jedi was undeterred, and destroyed Durge by disintegrating him in the star Karthakk.
Behind the scenes
- Obsession 2 (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Kragis system — Based on corresponding data for
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. Given this principle, this article makes a similar basic assumption for the Bloodboilers of Kragis in relation to the Kragis system.
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 128 (FAY1–2, Master Fay) dates Durge's birth 2,000 years before the events of Republic 51, which Star Wars: The Comics Companion date to twenty-two years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 22 BBY per The New Essential Chronology. Since Durge states prior to his death in Obsession 2, the events of which The New Essential Chronology date to 20 BBY, that the Bloodboilers of Kragis attempted to kill him, the group must have been active at some point between 2022 BBY and 20 BBY.
- Obsession 2