- "I know a great castle on Takodana that makes the best Bloody Rancors in the galaxy."
- ―Greez Dritus, to Cal Kestis
Bloody Rancors were alcoholic beverages available on the planets Batuu, Tatooine, and Takodana. On the Outer Rim world of Batuu, the drink was served in Oga's Cantina and was a dark brown liquid served in a glass with an edible bone-shaped garnish on top. Oga Garra, the proprietor of the cantina, had the beverage imported from Tatooine.
A Bloody Rancor was a beverage that was dark brown in color and was served in a short glass with an edible bone-shaped garnish on top. The drink, which shared its name with the rancor species, was alcoholic and suitable for human, Latero, and Wookiee consumption. At Oga's Cantina on the Outer Rim planet Batuu, the bar's proprietor, Oga Garra, served the drink on a coaster that read "Bloody Rancor" and "imported from Tatooine" in Aurebesh, alongside a depiction of a rancor.
Bloody Rancors were available to patrons of a castle on the planet Takodana, which the Latero captain Greez Dritus praised as the best in the galaxy to the Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis five years into the reign of the Galactic Empire. It was also served at Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu sometime during the war between the First Order and the Resistance. Sometime after the Battle of Crait, the Wookiee N'arrghela drank a Bloody Rancor in the cantina and picked her teeth with the bone from her drink.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Bloody Rancor first appeared as an alcoholic beverage sold to guests at the Oga's Cantina bar in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The beverage was first revealed as part of a media preview event held on February 26, 2019 and is a morning drink similar to a Bloody Mary. The cantina's menu description reads, "Tito's Handmade Vodka, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, and Rancor Bone," and the beverage is only sold during breakfast hours.
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina (First appearance)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- ↑ Amy Ratcliffe (2019-02-27). What You Can Eat and Drink in STAR WARS: Galaxy's Edge. Nerdist. Nerdist Industries. Archived from the original on February 27, 2019. Retrieved on February 27, 2019.
- ↑ Oga's Cantina Menu. Disneyland® Official Site. Disneyland Resort. Archived from the original on June 1, 2019. Retrieved on June 1, 2019.