- "I know a great castle on Takodana that makes the best Bloody Rancors in the galaxy."
- ―Greez Dritus, to Cal Kestis
Bloody Rancors were alcoholic beverages available on the planets Batuu, Tatooine, and Takodana. On the Outer Rim world of Batuu, the drink was served in Oga's Cantina and was a dark brown liquid served in a glass with an edible bone-shaped garnish on top. Oga Garra, the proprietor of the cantina, had the beverage imported from Tatooine.
Description[edit | edit source]
A Bloody Rancor was a beverage that was dark brown in color and was served in a short glass with an edible bone-shaped garnish on top. The drink, which shared its name with the rancor species, was alcoholic and suitable for human, Latero, and Wookiee consumption. At Oga's Cantina on the Outer Rim planet Batuu, the bar's proprietor, Oga Garra, served the drink on a coaster that read "Bloody Rancor" and "imported from Tatooine" in Aurebesh, alongside a depiction of a rancor.
History[edit | edit source]
Bloody Rancors were available to patrons of a castle on the planet Takodana, which the Latero captain Greez Dritus praised as the best in the galaxy to the Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis five years into the reign of the Galactic Empire. It was also served at Oga's Cantina in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu sometime during the war between the First Order and the Resistance. Sometime after the Battle of Crait, the Wookiee N'arrghela drank a Bloody Rancor in the cantina and picked her teeth with the bone from her drink. In 34 ABY, Garra had a Bloody Rancor that was missing the bone garnish on top, which she angrily demanded to know the location of from her workers.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Bloody Rancor first appeared as an alcoholic beverage sold to guests at the Oga's Cantina bar in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. The beverage was first revealed as part of a media preview event held on February 26, 2019 and is a morning drink similar to a Bloody Mary. The cantina's menu description reads, "Tito's Handmade Vodka, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, and Rancor Bone," and the beverage is only sold during breakfast hours.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire audiobook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—Oga's Cantina (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including those in the cantina, must take place in 34 ABY.
- Oga's Cantina has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the bar.
- Amy Ratcliffe (2019-02-27). What You Can Eat and Drink in STAR WARS: Galaxy's Edge. Nerdist. Nerdist Industries. Archived from the original on February 27, 2019. Retrieved on February 27, 2019.
- Oga's Cantina Menu. Disneyland® Official Site. Disneyland Resort. Archived from the original on June 1, 2019. Retrieved on June 1, 2019.